The Minnesota Justice Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. All
contributions are tax deductible, as allowable by law.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may obtain your information.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- When you sign up and create an account on our website to view volunteer opportunities and
log volunteer hours.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an
event or attend an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when
you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by MJF.
From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- With respect to individuals and organizations who are listed as donors on our records, we provide the following protections.
- We will not sell or trade your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities, with any other organization.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information with other organizations if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will publish an annual donor report. Each annual report may give the names of every individual, organization, and government entity that contributed funds during the previous calendar year. We will not report how much was given but may report on general levels of giving. If you choose, we will not put your name or your organization’s name in our annual report.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to
process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card mauthorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
• You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at Minnesota Justice Foundation, 229 19th Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55455 or email@example.com.
If you wish to be removed from the Minnesota Justice Foundation solicitation and/or other mailing lists, please click on the “unsubscribe” link in any of our email messages or contact us in writing at Minnesota Justice Foundation, 229 19th Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55455 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adopted by Minnesota Justice Foundation Board of Directors on 10/23/2013.